Sunday, September 9, 2012

Set up

Why do we think that life is supposed to go "smoothly"?
Where do we get this idea that we're to sail through life
untarnished with continuous happiness?   Leaving us so
resistant to the tough times when they come.  We don't want them.

I'm thankful that I know where to go when I am down and out.
There is no one who can "fix" my problems, and heal my wounds.
Only the Almighty One can mend my heart and relieve my sorrows.
However, I must learn from my mistakes, and be more careful with my heart.

Once again, I bow down before my maker, and surrender all.
There is nothing more painful than having had love, and lost it.
I want to move on, and put it all behind me.  Unfortunately there
a grieving process, which I'd prefer to skip.   Patience in suffering.

He holds the 'key" to my life in His hands.    The scripture says
my days are numbered.  Only He knows my destiny and how much time
I have on earth.   But while I'm here, Lord help me to be discerning and
wise about my life, and my choices.   Be pleased God with my offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment