Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Come away with me

Lord, I want to get off this bus ride.
I want to get out of this cycle, this public arena,
and come away with you. 
I know you are waiting for me.
For you said,  "Today, you make all things NEW!"

I finally met a man who wants to look after my heart.
Who surpasses all others in communicaton.
Who is not looking to take advantage,
but wants to experience the "real thing".

He doesn't know you, He has not heard.
Can WE lead him there? 
The grief of having to walk away,
the unsettling feeling of not being equally yoked,
but also knowing I am the only one in his sphere that knows YOU.

I cry out to You Lord, for only you know the beginning from the end.
What is Your will?  Am I caught in legalism, and peer pressure,
or am I hearing Your voice?    "To loose not one of them." 

How do I balance my witness, and not get attached to him?
My heart is grieved, as you have put these desires in my heart.
Why now, after having waited so long, for such as one as this?
Please direct my steps, and give me your peace, unlike any other.
Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment