Sunday, February 19, 2012

Old Man

As time marches on, I am humbled by the truth
that I am completely lost without my God.
The Old Man is what I am left with, without His
grace and mercy in my life each and every day.

The Old Man is always there, lurking underneath,
looking for opportunities to rear his ugly head.
Without the wind of the Spirit in my life, I am
simply a body of flesh, with it's lusts and passions.

It is only through God's love in me, that I can love
the way He has called me to.  Unconditionally.
This is the ongoing challenge.  "What good is it
if I only love those who love me", Jesus said.

Ah, but through a transformation of this Old Man
into a born-again, blood washed follower of Jesus,
I can love like He loved, or I can certainly spend
the rest of my earthly life trying.  This is my debt to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment