Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Perfection

There comes a time in our lives when we have to deal with issue of perfectionism.   No matter what the scenerio, time, place, or even generation, we are faced with our expectations, and how they do or don't line up with our present reality.   It's a painful process.  Some sneer us, because we are "just" people, and want to fight for our principles, while they have already accepted "the way things are".   We catch the raised eyebrows, the twisted mouths, that judgemental thought of us, that says, "we expect too much, c'mon!"  I personally am a principle person, and it's not easy for me to let go of things, when I just don't agree.   Quite frankly, I'm tired of feeling like I'm someone's pain in their backside because I "expect" things to be done properly and appropriately.    I'm tired of not being treated like I'm important as a human being, and I should just expect something that is absolutely unacceptable!    How much more do we need our sleep, our rest, and healthy eating, to stand up to this nonsense, not backing down so others will think "better" of us, or be more "comfortable" around us, as if we should act like they do.  I know forgiveness is 'key', but what are the lessons to be learned here?   Stay strong, stay rooted in G-d, continue to be transformed by the washing of the Word for the renewal of the mind, and continue loving, always!  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment