Monday, October 10, 2016

Ebb and Flow

Oftentimes we wish we were just one consistent way.
In the past, I had found myself saying, "This isn't who I am",
or "This isn't like me."   But the truth is, the sooner we can
accept that that we are many ways, and not just, "one way",
we can on with the business of life!  

The problem comes when we refuse to accept the "unhappy"
part of ourselves.  We are really rejecting the unhealed parts
of ourselves, and only accepting the "happy" parts.  This is
not loving nor kind.  The way I look at it is, in this world there
is much hardship, and the very least we can do is be good to ourselves.

Self-love, self-care, self-respect, etc.,, are critical for each of us
to have a successful life.   What does that mean?   For me, "success"
is measured by the love I can extend to God, myself, and others. 
If I do not love myself with the Love God has put within my heart
I certainly will not be successful in loving others.  

Let's make the decision today to unlearn wrong beliefs about ourselves,
but beginning with wrong beliefs about God which spiral into our 
everyday lives onto ourselves and others, and to replace them with
the truth of God's love for us!   This is critical in having a successful life.
Let's "put off" the old and "put on" the new.   Our role is to acknowledge
the lies we have believed about God which have effected our lives, and
get a right understanding of who He is, His Love for us, and begin anew!  




No comments:

Post a Comment