Sunday, April 15, 2012

Humility

In the refining fire, we are truly humbled.
When all of our "natural" schemes are exhausted,
we are shifted into a new place, one of humility.

This  shift does not come until we have gone
through the fires.   It is the fire that burns all of
the dross of our lives away, thank God! 

We are then changed, bit by bit, nothing in ourselves,
only our willingness to allow the Maker to shift our
perspective, and inclinations.    Full surrender.

This does not come through a desire, but through
an exhaustion of our own defense mechanisms, and
desperate attempts to control people, places, and things.

Thank God for my Saviour, who knows so much better
than me, what I need, what I don't need, and where He
ultimately wants me to be.   He can be fully trusted.  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment