Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beloved Cross

As each nail went into His hands, He knew the Glory of God was set before Him.
His Joy was in knowing that He was the author of Life, and His choice to go to
His cross would redeem human kind.   He knew He would be seated at the right
hand of the Father in Heaven.   He has done it all, and so we have life! 

I know I am alive when I hurt.   Though I want to disconnect from all of my sadness,
I know I cannot for any length of time, for then I would be emotionally dead.   That
is not an option for me.   It was for many years.  I knew no other way.  
I have run after my healing, and I must hold onto it.   My emotions are a blessing.

To love is to hurt.   It is stepping out in courage to let another person's heart in.
I am glad I am alive in my heart, but I don't enjoy the pain.   Learning to grieve loss
is a step in the right direction.   It doesn't happen all by itself.   I have to be willling
to let this process happen inside of me.   Looking to my Maker for comfort.  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment